Subject: Re: How reliable is jffs2 really (denx cvs devel kernel)?

From: David Ho <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:03:11 -0400

Wolfgang,

It must have be more than a year ago that I did this.   And I have not
done any testing with the latest devel kernel from your CVS so I am
not making any conclusion about the latest kernel.

Just trying to be helpful. =20

The mount time issue is fixed a long time ago, so your back port most
probably has this fix.

David

On 7/19/05, Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]> wrote:
> In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> >
> > I updated the JFFS2 portion of the Denx devel kernel with the latest
> > from CVS and it solved the initial mount time problem.  But it was a
> > while a ago when I did this.  Both the devel kernel and the CVS head
> > has changed quite a bit since then.
>=20
> I would rally appreciate if you mentioned which exact version of  the
> kernel you are talking about. "The Denx devel kernel" can be anything
> - either yesterday or 3 years old.
>=20
> At the moment our CVS tree contains a snapshot from MTD CVS of  March
> 13, 2005; yes, we did the necessary backport to the 2.4 kernel.
>=20
> Do you want to say that this version still  has  mount  time  issues?
> Please provide details!
>=20
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20
> Wolfgang Denk
>=20
> --
> Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
> Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
> The word "fit", as I understand it, means "appropriate to a purpose",
> and I would say the body of the Dean is supremely appropriate to  the
> purpose of sitting around all day and eating big heavy meals.
>                                  - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_
> _______________________________________________
> Linuxppc-embedded mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-embedded
>