Subject: building ppc_htab?

From: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:57:24 -0600

Is there any reason not to make the following change so we build 
ppc_htab only on PPC STD MMU?  This would also require fixing up 
fs/proc/proc_misc.c.

--- 1.52/arch/ppc/kernel/Makefile       2005-03-13 17:29:44 -06:00
+++ edited/Makefile     2005-03-16 00:44:17 -06:00
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@
  # Makefile for the linux kernel.
  #

-extra-$(CONFIG_PPC_STD_MMU)    := head.o
+extra-$(CONFIG_PPC_STD_MMU)    := head.o ppc_htab.o
  extra-$(CONFIG_40x)            := head_4xx.o
  extra-$(CONFIG_44x)            := head_44x.o
  extra-$(CONFIG_E500)           := head_e500.o
@@ -14,7 +14,7 @@
  obj-y                          := entry.o traps.o irq.o idle.o time.o 
misc.o \
                                         process.o signal.o ptrace.o 
align.o \
                                         semaphore.o syscalls.o setup.o \
-                                       cputable.o ppc_htab.o perfmon.o
+                                       cputable.o perfmon.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_6xx)              += l2cr.o cpu_setup_6xx.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND) += swsusp.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_POWER4)           += cpu_setup_power4.o

- kumar