Subject: Re: Using gpio in MPC8309

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 05:57:35 -0600

On 2012-07-12 18:08, Gal Afel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got a TWR-MPC8309 from Freescale running Embedded Linux OS. The kernel
> version is Linux 2.6.11+pq3 patches and the kernel preconfig file is
> linux_2.6.11_mpc8548_cds_def.config.

That's a really OLD kernel, plus it doesn't seem to match your hardware.
MPC8309 is a very different beast from the MPC8548.

>
> I'm new to processors running Linux and I'm having a hard time trying to
> understand how can I program the GPIO and use them. Is there a tutorial or any
> documentation you could provide me to get started on accessing the processor
> pins please?
>
> I'm using CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture version 10.0.2
> and I haven't found a library that includes the functions to access the pins
> functionality. Is there any documentation you could suggest me to do that please?

Try looking at the Linux kernel source file 'Documentation/gpio.txt'

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
MLB Associates              |    Embedded world
------------------------------------------------------------