Subject: Re: Errors related to i2c-powermac on the G4

From: Andrey Gusev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:29:39 +0400

20.07.2012 18:46, Andrey Gusev пишет:
> Hi!
> I build kernel from git and can see errors in dmesg on boot. 3.4.5 
> doesn't have such issue.
> git show | head -n2
> commit 85efc72a0218335324d358ac479a04c16316fd4d
>
Actual for 3.5.0
[ 2.841441] i2c /dev entries driver
[ 2.850155] i2c i2c-0: therm_windtunnel: attach_adapter method is deprecated
[ 2.858330] i2c i2c-0: Please use another way to instantiate your i2c_client
[ 2.866457] PowerMac i2c bus pmu 2 registered
[ 2.874885] i2c i2c-1: therm_windtunnel: attach_adapter method is deprecated
[ 2.882965] i2c i2c-1: Please use another way to instantiate your i2c_client
[ 2.890928] PowerMac i2c bus pmu 1 registered
[ 2.899526] i2c i2c-2: therm_windtunnel: attach_adapter method is deprecated
[ 2.907463] i2c i2c-2: Please use another way to instantiate your i2c_client
[ 2.915397] PowerMac i2c bus mac-io 0 registered
[ 2.923272] i2c i2c-2: i2c-powermac: invalid reg on 
/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/i2c@18000/cereal
[ 2.931286] i2c i2c-2: i2c-powermac: invalid reg on 
/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/i2c@18000/deq
[ 2.939246] i2c i2c-2: i2c-powermac: invalid reg on 
/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/i2c@18000/i2c-modem
[ 2.947580] i2c i2c-3: therm_windtunnel: attach_adapter method is deprecated
[ 2.955559] i2c i2c-3: Please use another way to instantiate your i2c_client
[ 2.964492] PowerMac i2c bus uni-n 1 registered
[ 2.972493] i2c i2c-3: i2c-powermac: invalid reg on 
/uni-n@f8000000/i2c@f8001000/cereal
[ 2.980977] usb 1-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using ohci_hcd
[ 2.989404] i2c i2c-4: therm_windtunnel: attach_adapter method is deprecated
[ 2.997793] i2c i2c-4: Please use another way to instantiate your i2c_client
[ 3.007320] DS1775 digital thermometer [@49]
[ 3.015574] Temp: 33.0 C Hyst: 75.0 C OS: 80.0 C
[ 3.024410] ADM1030 fan controller [@2c]
[ 3.032533] PowerMac i2c bus uni-n 0 registered
[ 3.040575] i2c i2c-4: Failed to register i2c client MAC,adm1030 at 0x2c 
(-16)
[ 3.048714] i2c i2c-4: i2c-powermac: Failure to register 
/uni-n@f8000000/i2c@f8001000/fan@58
[ 3.057147] i2c i2c-4: Failed to register i2c client MAC,ds1775 at 0x49 
(-16)
[ 3.065304] i2c i2c-4: i2c-powermac: Failure to register 
/uni-n@f8000000/i2c@f8001000/temp-monitor@92
[ 3.073475] i2c i2c-4: i2c-powermac: invalid reg on 
/uni-n@f8000000/i2c@f8001000/cereal
[ 3.082701] device-mapper: ioctl: 4.22.0-ioctl (2011-10-19) initialised: 
[email-masked]

Andrey