Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/8] time: Condense timekeeper.xtime into xtime_sec

From: John Stultz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:38:02 -0700

On 08/20/2012 01:04 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> John Stultz <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Huh.  Yea, that looks fine.  And without the
>> __timekeeping_inject_sleeptime() call, the system resumed ok?
> Yes, it does.

So I'm mostly still stumped on this. But I did find one possible related 
bugfix that maybe you can try?

Let me know if the patch below dodges the problem, and if not, please 
send me the JDB printk output.
(if the resume hangs without any output, add a "return;" before the 
tk_xtime_add() call between the JDB printks).

thanks
-john

diff --git a/kernel/time/timekeeping.c b/kernel/time/timekeeping.c
index e16af19..1a9b9c5 100644
--- a/kernel/time/timekeeping.c
+++ b/kernel/time/timekeeping.c
@@ -115,6 +115,7 @@ static void tk_xtime_add(struct timekeeper *tk, const struct timespec *ts)
  {
  	tk->xtime_sec += ts->tv_sec;
  	tk->xtime_nsec += (u64)ts->tv_nsec << tk->shift;
+	tk_normalize_xtime(tk);
  }
  
  static void tk_set_wall_to_mono(struct timekeeper *tk, struct timespec wtm)
@@ -695,9 +696,22 @@ static void __timekeeping_inject_sleeptime(struct timekeeper *tk,
  					"sleep delta value!\n");
  		return;
  	}
+
+	printk("JDB: pre xt %ld:%ld  wtm: %ld:%ld st: %ld:%ld\n",
+		tk_xtime(tk).tv_sec, tk_xtime(tk).tv_nsec,
+		tk->wall_to_monotonic.tv_sec,tk->wall_to_monotonic.tv_nsec,
+		tk->total_sleep_time.tv_sec, tk->total_sleep_time.tv_nsec);
+	printk("JDB: Adding %ld:%ld\n", delta->tv_sec, delta->tv_nsec);
+
  	tk_xtime_add(tk, delta);
  	tk_set_wall_to_mono(tk, timespec_sub(tk->wall_to_monotonic, *delta));
  	tk_set_sleep_time(tk, timespec_add(tk->total_sleep_time, *delta));
+
+	printk("JDB: post xt %ld:%ld  wtm: %ld:%ld st: %ld:%ld\n",
+		tk_xtime(tk).tv_sec, tk_xtime(tk).tv_nsec,
+		tk->wall_to_monotonic.tv_sec,tk->wall_to_monotonic.tv_nsec,
+		tk->total_sleep_time.tv_sec, tk->total_sleep_time.tv_nsec);
+
  }
  
  /**