Subject: Re: ELDK 4.2/kilauea/3.5+ kernel broken

From: Robert Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:33:16 +0300

git bisect tells us this:

247540b03bfcbbe26b86692c9424195d76eb67f0 is the first bad commit
commit 247540b03bfcbbe26b86692c9424195d76eb67f0
Author: Mai La <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Mar 18 17:59:08 2012 +0000

    powerpc/44x: Fix PCI MSI support for Maui APM821xx SoC and Bluestone
board

    This patch consists of:
    - Enable PCI MSI as default for Bluestone board
    - Change definition of number of MSI interrupts as it depends on SoC
    - Fix returning ENODEV as finding MSI node
    - Fix MSI physical high and low address
    - Keep MSI data logically

    Signed-off-by: Mai La <[email-masked]>
    Signed-off-by: Josh Boyer <[email-masked]>

:040000 040000 607afba6ee61212756f2bcf5acd687d6266c39a8
2868a82b0ede19c9e38ec8a571a1004e555e1098 M      arch

Which I can confirm:

this works:
git checkout 47da421981571c69ef29740cc55fa7248682e167
save this version of arch/powerpc/sysdev/ppc4xx_msi.c

this reboots:
git checkout 247540b03bfcbbe26b86692c9424195d76eb67f0

fix .config
CONFIG_PPC_DISABLE_WERROR=y
#CONDIF_PPC_WERROR is not used

cp ../ppc4xx_msi.c from 47da421981571c69ef29740cc55fa7248682e167 to
arch/powerpc/sysdev/ppc4xx_msi.c and voila this works.

Regards,

Robert

..."I don't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. It's the
old ideas that frighten me." -- John Cage

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1