Subject: pci and pcie device-tree binding - range No cells

From: Michal Simek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 13:20:23 +0100

Hi Grant and others,

I have a question regarding number of cells in ranges property
for pci and pcie nodes.

Linux pci/pcie powerpc DTSes contain 7 cells (xpedite5370.dts, sequoia.dts, etc)
but also 6 cells format too (mpc832x_mds.dts)

Here is shown 6 cells ranges format and describe
http://devicetree.org/Device_Tree_Usage#PCI_Host_Bridge

And also in documentation in the linux
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/83xx-512x-pci.txt

Both format uses:
#size-cells = <2>;
#address-cells = <3>;

What is valid format?

Thanks,
Michal

-- 
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854
Maintainer of Linux kernel 2.6 Microblaze Linux - http://www.monstr.eu/fdt/
Microblaze U-BOOT custodian