Subject: questions on CONFIG_PPC_ADV_DEBUG_REGS, DBCR0_BRT, and DBCR0_ACTIVE_EVENTS

From: Chris Friesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:21:34 -0600

Hi all,

Sorry for the bunch of emails, I'm working on some new stuff and running 
into issues.

For CONFIG_BOOKE it appears that DBCR0_ACTIVE_EVENTS includes DBCR0_ICMP 
but not DBCR0_BRT.  Is that just because none of the code paths 
currently using DBCR0_ACTIVE_EVENTS need to check DBCR0_BT?

Also, in sys_debug_setcontext() why does SIG_DBG_BRANCH_TRACING return 
-EINVAL if CONFIG_PPC_ADV_DEBUG_REGS is set?  Would it not be possible 
to use DBCR0_BRT?

Thanks,
Chris

-- 

Chris Friesen
Software Designer

500 Palladium Drive, Suite 2100
Ottawa, Ontario K2N 1C2, Canada
www.genband.com
office:+1.343.883.2717
[email-masked]