Subject: [PATCH v3 10/12] Re-enable Virtual Private Home Node capabilities

From: Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:46:23 -0500

From: Jesse Larrew <[email-masked]>

The new PRRN firmware feature provides a more convenient and event-driven
interface than VPHN for notifying Linux of changes to the NUMA affinity of
platform resources. However, for practical reasons, it may not be feasible
for some customers to update to the latest firmware. For these customers,
the VPHN feature supported on previous firmware versions may still be the
best option.

The VPHN feature was previously disabled due to races with the load
balancing code when accessing the NUMA cpu maps, but the new stop_machine()
approach protects the NUMA cpu maps from these concurrent accesses. It
should be safe to re-enable this feature now.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c |    3 +--
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

Index: powerpc/arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c
===================================================================
--- powerpc.orig/arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c	2013-04-22 09:39:02.000000000 -0500
+++ powerpc/arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c	2013-04-22 09:46:13.000000000 -0500
@@ -1572,9 +1572,8 @@
 			vphn_enabled = 0;
 			rc = of_reconfig_notifier_register(&dt_update_nb);
 		}
-	} else if (0 && firmware_has_feature(FW_FEATURE_VPHN) &&
+	} else if (firmware_has_feature(FW_FEATURE_VPHN) &&
 		   get_lppaca()->shared_proc) {
-		/* Disabled until races with load balancing are fixed */
 		if (!vphn_enabled) {
 			prrn_enabled = 0;
 			vphn_enabled = 1;