Subject: Re: "attempt to move .org backwards" still show up

From: Chen Gang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:36:30 +0800

On 2013年04月25日 12:05, Mike Qiu wrote:
>> I will try, and plan to get a result within this week (2013-04-28)
>>
>> Thanks.
> Hi
> This has block my work now
> So I hope you can take a look ASAP
> Thanks
> :)

The root cause is the room 0x500..0xc00 is not enough when
KVM_HANDLER_PR expresses the real codes. The relationship is
KVM_HANDLER_PR depend on CONFIG_KVM_BOOK3S_PR depend on
CONFIG_KVM_BOOK3S_64_PR.

If possible, we can by pass it: just use CONFIG_KVM_BOOK3S_64_HV instead
of CONFIG_KVM_BOOK3S_64_PR (enter menuconfig -> Virtualization -> "KVM
support for POWER7 and PPC970 using hypervisor mode in host").

For 'allmodconfig', it will use CONFIG_KVM_BOOK3S_64_HV instead of
CONFIG_KVM_BOOK3S_64_PR, so 'allmodconfig' will not have this issue.

Next, I will continue to analyse how to fix it.

Welcome other members (especially the related maintainers) to provide
suggestions and completions.

Thanks.

-- 
Chen Gang

Asianux Corporation