Subject: Re: IBM OpenPower 720 ipr driver woes

From: Robert Knight <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 21:40:52 -0400

On 6/3/2013 8:01 PM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 05:20:12PM -0400, Robert Knight wrote:
>
>>> Device tree struct  0x0000000004820000 -> 0x0000000004840000
>>> Calling quiesce...
>>> returning from prom_init
>>> [    1.376359] ehci-pci 0000:c8:01.2: can't setup
> Can you try adding "debug" to the kernel commandline.  We're missing a
> great chunk of detail. If you're starting from scratch either try F18 or
> the F19 Beta (if you're brave :))
>
> Yours Tony
So, two points.  Since I have no live disks, I can't copy the dmesg 
output in dracut onto a disk and just sent it to you -- the only way 
that I know to get it is cut and paste from a HMC console window into a 
vi buffer.

I removed rhgb and quiet in addition to adding debug to the kernel 
command line in the hope of providing you with information.

My second point is that this failure to connect to the disks happens in 
F18 in pretty much the same way -- it always ends with "pata_pdc2027x 
... give up!".

Here we go again.

Thank you for being willing to try to help remotely.