Subject: [PATCH] powerpc, perf: Add generic cache reference and cache miss events for POWER8 PMU

From: Anshuman Khandual <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 11:43:03 +0530

powerpc, perf: Add generic cache reference and cache miss events for POWER8 PMU

This enables generic cache reference and cache miss events on POWER8 systems by
utilizing raw PMU event codes for L1 cache reference and L1 cache miss events
respectively.

Signed-off-by: Anshuman Khandual <[email-masked]>

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c b/arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c
index f7d1c4f..5ccddac 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c
@@ -24,6 +24,8 @@
 #define PM_INST_CMPL			0x00002
 #define PM_BRU_FIN			0x10068
 #define PM_BR_MPRED_CMPL		0x400f6
+#define PM_LD_MISS_L1			0x3E054
+#define PM_LD_REF_L1			0x100EE

 /*
@@ -518,6 +520,8 @@ static int power8_generic_events[] = {
 	[PERF_COUNT_HW_INSTRUCTIONS] =			PM_INST_CMPL,
 	[PERF_COUNT_HW_BRANCH_INSTRUCTIONS] =		PM_BRU_FIN,
 	[PERF_COUNT_HW_BRANCH_MISSES] =			PM_BR_MPRED_CMPL,
+	[PERF_COUNT_HW_CACHE_REFERENCES] = 		PM_LD_REF_L1,
+	[PERF_COUNT_HW_CACHE_MISSES] =			PM_LD_MISS_L1,
 };
 
 static u64 power8_bhrb_filter_map(u64 branch_sample_type)