Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/8] KVM: PPC: Add support for multiple-TCE hcalls

From: Alexey Kardashevskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 23:13:04 +1000

On 07/11/2013 10:58 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 14:51 +0200, Alexander Graf wrote:
>> I don't like bloat usually. But Alexey even had an #ifdef DEBUG in
>> there to selectively disable in-kernel handling of multi-TCE. Not
>> calling ENABLE_CAP would give him exactly that without ugly #ifdefs in
>> the kernel.
> 
> I don't see much point in disabling it... but ok, if that's a valuable
> feature, then shoot some VM level ENABLE_CAP (please don't iterate all
> VCPUs, that's gross).

No use for me whatsoever as I only want to disable real more handlers and
keep virtual mode handlers enabled (sometime, for debug only) and this
capability is not about that - I can easily just not enable it in QEMU with
the exactly the same effect.

So please, fellas, decide whether I should iterate vcpu's or add ENABLE_CAP
per KVM. Thanks.

-- 
Alexey