Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 11/31] net: can: mscan: improve clock API use

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:31:21 +0200

On 07/22/2013 02:14 PM, Gerhard Sittig wrote:
> the .get_clock() callback is run from probe() and might allocate
> resources, introduce a .put_clock() callback that is run from remove()
> to undo any allocation activities

looks good

> use devm_get_clk() upon lookup (for SYS and REF) to have the clocks put
> upon driver unload

fine

> assume that resources get prepared but not necessarily enabled in the
> setup phase, make the open() and close() callbacks of the CAN network
> device enable and disable a previously acquired and prepared clock

I think you should call prepare_enable and disable_unprepare in the
open/close functions.

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |