Subject: Re: [PATCH] Revert "mm: fix MAX_FOLIO_ORDER on powerpc configs with hugetlb"

From: "David Hildenbrand (Red Hat)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2025 23:16:45 +0100

On 12/4/25 03:33, Shuah Khan wrote:
> This reverts commit 39231e8d6ba7f794b566fd91ebd88c0834a23b98.
> 
> Enabling HAVE_GIGANTIC_FOLIOS broke kernel build and git clone on two
> systems. git fetch-pack fails when cloning large repos and make hangs
> or errors out of Makefile.build with Error: 139. 

Looking at the last part, "Error 139" was confirmed to be fixed in 6.18, 
right? At least reading [1] there I find

"it was issue of 6.18.0-rc6 kernel itself. After switching to default 
Arch Linux kernel build went without problem and I'm now on 6.18 stable 
kernel."

Did you mange to report the make issue you reported here [2] on 6.18 as 
well, or only pre 6.18-rc7?

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/4724
[2] 
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/T/#u

-- 
Cheers

David