Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2][v3] powerpc/fsl-booke: Add initial T104x_QDS board support

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:23:50 -0500

Scott Wood wrote:
> The patch is not "lying".  It is describing the board, not what the
> patch supports.  This was something you used to constantly tell people
> to do...

The patch says:

	"DIU supports video at up to 1280x1024x32bpp"

How is this not misleading?

I understand that the patch describes the board, and that's correct.  It 
should also indicate which major functionality is not supported.  I was 
expecting something like this:

- Video
      - DIU hardware is capable of video up to 1280x1024x32bpp
      - DIU support is currently not implemented

> There are other things in that description that Linux doesn't do
> anything with, such as QIXIS.

Fair enough, but the QIXIS is not something that would generally be 
supported by Linux, as there is no "QIXIS driver".  There is a DIU 
driver, however.

The patch description should state which major components are not 
currently supported by software, but would be expected to be supported.