Subject: Re: [PATCH V7 5/7] POWER/cpuidle: Generic POWER CPUIDLE driver supporting PSERIES.

From: Deepthi Dharwar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:57:48 +0530

On 11/07/2013 10:31 AM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 09:45 +0530, Deepthi Dharwar wrote:
>> 'powerpc' would be very generic arch and would comprise of all platforms
>> including embedded 32/64 bit to server 64 bit (similar to that of ARM).
>> This driver does not intend to support complete powerpc arch, but just
>> PSERIES and POWERNV platforms termed as 'POWER' processors. So to avoid
>> confusion btw 'power mgmt' and 'POWER' archs, I have prefixed both the
>> driver and file names with 'IBM'namely ibm-power-driver, cpuidle-ibm-power.
> 

Hi Ben,

> Why not book3s ? powerpc-book3s ?

I went with 'ibm-power' thinking it would resolve the confusion,
but if ppl feel that is is good to get away from 'POWER' and have
powerpc-book3s instead to make things clearer, I am open for it.

Regards,
Deepthi

> That's what we use in other places to differenciate between the families
> 
> Ben.
> 
>