Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] offb: make the screen properties endian safe

From: Cedric Le Goater <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 18:38:40 +0100

On 11/21/2013 08:57 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 16:45 +0100, Cedric Le Goater wrote:
>>>  - fbdev *generally* assume native endian framebuffer, but of course
>>> under qemu today, the adapter will use a big endian frame buffer
>>> aperture. You can compile in support for foreign endian but I don't know
>>> how that actually works.
>>
>> OK. I will see how I can extend the tests. But, are you suggesting I should
>> be using the foreign endian framework for the frame buffer ? 
> 
> Well, if it works ... did you try 16 and 32bpp ?

So, 32bpp "works" but 16 is broken ... I guess my palette fix is just a lucky
hack and I need to dig deeper in fb code to have a better understanding of
the color map. 

I should have provided you two patches in the first place. Do you want the 
device tree data fixes for the frame buffer screen properties ? It helps to 
have a display for little endian guests even if the colors are wrong.

Thanks,

C.