Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 6/6] powerpc/perf/hv-24x7: catalog version number is be64, not be32

From: Cody P Schafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:59:19 -0700

On 04/27/2014 09:47 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 10:10 -0700, Cody P Schafer wrote:
>> The catalog version number was changed from a be32 (with proceeding
>> 32bits of padding) to a be64, update the code to treat it as a be64
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Cody P Schafer <[email-masked]>
>> --
>
> Have you tested this ?
>
> It doesn't build for me:
>
> arch/powerpc/perf/hv-24x7.c: In function 'catalog_read':
> arch/powerpc/perf/hv-24x7.c:223:3: error: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 2 has type 'uint64_t' [-Werror=format]
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

I have, and I wasn't initially sure how I managed to miss that 
warning-as-error. On examination: My config (for some reason) has 
CONFIG_PPC_DISABLE_WERROR=y set (probably because it's a variation of a 
distro config). Must have been piping the warnings to a file and 
forgotten to check the file.

> I'll fix that up in my tree.

Thanks.