Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/6] powerpc/corenet: Create the dts components for the DPAA FMan

From: Emil Medve <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:31:50 -0500

Hello Scott,

On 05/07/2014 10:36 PM, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 22:23 -0500, Emil Medve wrote:
>> Hello Scott,
>>
>>
>> At this point, I'm getting a bit lost in this thread and I feel we're
>> getting into more generic comments. I'll continue to answer to some of
>> your comments to make sure I understand them. However, one major comment
>> I feel you made was about seeing a full FMan binding. If that's a deal
>> breaker, please let me know and we'll just drop the patches
> 
> It's not an absolute deal breaker -- I did suggest the possibility of
> providing the mdio node as an ordinary ccsr node, not underneath an fman
> container.

I know you've done something similar in Topaz, but you had other reasons
for it

> I'm just frustrated that getting a proper fman node is such a big deal.
> That should have been the first step of the upstreaming process -- not
> something that waits until everything is finished.

We started upstreaming MDIO (Timur before us) because of this
frustration. We thought this might help in terms of motivation with
making progress on the FMan upstreaming

Cheers,