Subject: PASEMI: Kernel 3.15.0-rc6 doesn't boot with a PA6T cpu

From: Christian Zigotzky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 23:29:28 +0200

Hi All,

My PA6T system doesn't boot since patch 
9000c17dc0f9c910267d2661225c9d33a227b27e from 08/04/14 (powerpc/powernv: 
Fix endian issues with sensor code One OPAL call and one device tree 
property needed byte swapping).

Experimental protocol:

git checkout -f 01d8885785a60ae8f4c37b0ed75bdc96d0fc6a44; git clean -fdx
(from 02/04/14) -> Kernel boots
git checkout -f f1553174a207f68a4ec19d436003097e0a4dc405; git clean -fdx
(from 03/04/14) -> Kernel boots
git checkout -f d40326f4b9f9617cdfd30f83a2db57d47e9c5bac; git clean -fdx
(from 04/04/14) -> Kernel boots
git checkout -f 930b440cd8256f3861bdb0a59d26efaadac7941a; git clean -fdx
(from 05/04/14) -> doesn't boot (rtc error)
git checkout -f 2b3a8fd735f86ebeb2b9d061054003000c36b654; git clean -fdx
(from 06/04/14) -> doesn't boot (rtc error)
git checkout -f 26c12d93348f0bda0756aff83f4867d9ae58a5a6; git clean -fdx
(from 07/04/14) -> doesn't boot (rtc error)
git checkout -f a6c8aff022d4d06e4b41455ae9b2a5d3d503bf76; git clean -fdx
(from 08/04/14) -> Kernel boots
git checkout -f 035328c202d26a824b8632fd3b00635db5aee5a2; git clean -fdx
(from 08/04/14) -> Kernel boots
git checkout -f 9000c17dc0f9c910267d2661225c9d33a227b27e; git clean -fdx
(from 08/04/14) powerpc/powernv: Fix endian issues with sensor code
One OPAL call and one device tree property needed byte swapping. ->
doesn't boot (prom_init)
git checkout -f d3d35d957a9d0733dc51f14b5abc0bff5d3c5f3a; git clean -fdx
(from 08/04/14) -> doesn't boot (prom_init)
git checkout -f c4586256f0c440bc2bdb29d2cbb915f0ca785d26; git clean -fdx
(from 09/04/14) -> doesn't boot (prom_init)

And the RC 6 doesn't boot, either. Have you changed the ppc boot part of 
the kernel? Kernel 3.14 and 3.13 boot without any problems.

Rgds,

Christian