Subject: Re: ml310 kernel2.6 booting problems

From: Joachim Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:02:31 +0100

Thx for the answer

It's right, there is no /dev/console, but the MontaVista-Linux-kernel can =
fully boot with this rootFS, how comes=3F
Doesn't matter, I was going to make my own RootFS anyway, so can you give =
me an hint how I would
do this best=3F
I tried the Klingauf-Script (www.klingauf.com) with busybox, but I still h=
ave no console in my /dev/ and it doesn't work.
I tried out buildroot, but I was a little overstrained with the configurat=
ion and when I did "make" it aborted with an error message
after a long time of working
Then I tried ELDK. I read that I could use the Directory "<install-dir>/pp=
c=5F4xx/" as rootfs but when I go there and look inside=20
/dev I find only one entry:
prw------- 1 jogi jogi 0 2007-01-20 04:58 initctl
So this won't work, would it=3F

Which way would be the best for me to get an good RootFS easily=3F
If the answer would be buildroot can you give me a short summary which set=
tings are importent=3F
I read I can use my crosstool-Xcompiler, but I couldn't figure out how.=20

Greetings & Thx
Joachim

=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=

Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsst=E4rkeren E-Mail-Postfach!	=09
Mehr Infos unter http://produkte.web.de/club/=3Fmc=3D021131