Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] powerpc/dts: Factorize the clock control node

From: Emil Medve <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 09:34:13 -0600

Hello Scott,

On 10/30/2014 06:21 PM, Scott Wood wrote:
>>> I don't think the mux stuff belongs here, given that clockgen2.dtsi
>>> doesn't have it, and I saw at least one clockgen1 user needing to
>>> supplement this with more muxes.
>>
>> The intent was to put here devices/nodes that are common per chassis
>> from the low to high end. Specific SoC would change/augment this as
>> appropriate. I could have put each node in its own file as we've done
>> elsewhere, but I thought it would be too much
>>
>> Yes, chassis v1 and v2 have differences, but that's not unexpected
> 
> It just strikes me as being an awkward split of where each mux node
> goes.  Is it guaranteed by the chassis that all v1 will have at least
> the first two muxes?

As far as I'm aware we're not building chassis v1 SoC(s) anymore

Cheers,