Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/4] dt/bindings: Introduce the FSL QorIQ DPAA BMan

From: Emil Medve <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 01:31:24 -0600

Hello Scott,

On 11/06/2014 03:49 PM, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-11-05 at 09:18 -0600, Emil Medve wrote:
>> +Devices connected to a BMan instance via Direct Connect Portals (DCP) must link
>> +to the respective BMan instance
>> +
>> +- fsl,bman
>> +	Usage:		Required
>> +	Value type:	<prop-encoded-array>
>> +	Description:	List of phandle and DCP index pairs, to the BMan instance
>> +			to which this device is connected via the DCP
> 
> Does software need the DCP index (though for QMan there do seem to be a
> few registers associated with each DCP)?  Where can I find that info in
> the manual?

The DCP index helps describe the topology of the devices connected to
the B/QMan. One might be tempted to use some address to reference said
DCP, unfortunately the pertinent registers/bits for said DCP(s) are not
into a compact region. Look at the CCSR memory map for B/QMan

In the QMan case things are marginally better. For each hardware portal
there are a handful of (vaguely named *DCx*, *DCPx* or *DCP*) registers
(configuration, performance monitoring and debugging). However, still
registers and bits spread here and there

In the BMan case things are a bit worse as the registers names are less
friendly and still spread around

Do you need specific names/offsets?

Cheers,