Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/10] Replace _PAGE_NUMA with PAGE_NONE protections v2

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:50:25 -0500

On 11/20/2014 05:19 AM, Mel Gorman wrote:
> V1 failed while running under kvm-tools very quickly and a second report
> indicated that it happens on bare metal as well. This version survived
> an overnight run of trinity running under kvm-tools here but verification
> from Sasha would be appreciated.

Hi Mel,

I tried giving it a spin, but it won't apply at all on the latest -mm
tree:

$ git am -3 numa/*
Applying: mm: numa: Do not dereference pmd outside of the lock during NUMA hinting fault
Applying: mm: Add p[te|md] protnone helpers for use by NUMA balancing
Applying: mm: Convert p[te|md]_numa users to p[te|md]_protnone_numa
fatal: sha1 information is lacking or useless (mm/huge_memory.c).
Repository lacks necessary blobs to fall back on 3-way merge.
Cannot fall back to three-way merge.

Did I miss a prerequisite?

Thanks,
Sasha