Subject: Re: powerpc/powernv: Fix the hmi event version check.

From: Mahesh Jagannath Salgaonkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:56:16 +0530

On 11/26/2014 09:14 AM, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-20-11 at 04:14:36 UTC, Mahesh Salgaonkar wrote:
>> From: Mahesh Salgaonkar <[email-masked]>
>>
>> The current HMI event structure is an ABI and carries a version field to
>> accommodate future changes without affecting/rearranging current structure
>> members that are valid for previous versions. The current version check
>> "if (hmi_evt->version != OpalHMIEvt_V1)" seems to consider that version
>> will always be V1 which may not be true in future. If we start supporting
>> HMI event > V1, this check would fail without printing anything on older
>> kernels. This patch fixes this issue.
> 
> It's not clear what you mean when you say "this check would fail without
> printing anything". The check will fail, and it will print something, ie. the
> error message.
> 
> What you mean is "the check will fail, and the HMI info will not be printed".

My Bad, Yes. I meant 'HMI info will not be printed'. Do you want me to
re spin the patch with correction.

> 
> I'll CC this to stable unless you disagree.

Yes. This patch needs to go to stable.

Thanks,
-Mahesh.