Subject: [PATCH] ALSA: i2sbus: Deletion of unnecessary checks before the function call "release_and_free_resource"

From: SF Markus Elfring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:55:57 +0100

From: Markus Elfring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 22:50:24 +0100

The release_and_free_resource() function tests whether its argument is NULL
and then returns immediately. Thus the test around the call is not needed.

This issue was detected by using the Coccinelle software.

Signed-off-by: Markus Elfring <[email-masked]>
---
 sound/aoa/soundbus/i2sbus/core.c | 6 ++----
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/sound/aoa/soundbus/i2sbus/core.c b/sound/aoa/soundbus/i2sbus/core.c
index a80d5ea..4e2b4fb 100644
--- a/sound/aoa/soundbus/i2sbus/core.c
+++ b/sound/aoa/soundbus/i2sbus/core.c
@@ -79,8 +79,7 @@ static void i2sbus_release_dev(struct device *dev)
  	if (i2sdev->out.dbdma) iounmap(i2sdev->out.dbdma);
  	if (i2sdev->in.dbdma) iounmap(i2sdev->in.dbdma);
 	for (i = aoa_resource_i2smmio; i <= aoa_resource_rxdbdma; i++)
-		if (i2sdev->allocated_resource[i])
-			release_and_free_resource(i2sdev->allocated_resource[i]);
+		release_and_free_resource(i2sdev->allocated_resource[i]);
 	free_dbdma_descriptor_ring(i2sdev, &i2sdev->out.dbdma_ring);
 	free_dbdma_descriptor_ring(i2sdev, &i2sdev->in.dbdma_ring);
 	for (i = aoa_resource_i2smmio; i <= aoa_resource_rxdbdma; i++)
@@ -323,8 +322,7 @@ static int i2sbus_add_dev(struct macio_dev *macio,
 	if (dev->out.dbdma) iounmap(dev->out.dbdma);
 	if (dev->in.dbdma) iounmap(dev->in.dbdma);
 	for (i=0;i<3;i++)
-		if (dev->allocated_resource[i])
-			release_and_free_resource(dev->allocated_resource[i]);
+		release_and_free_resource(dev->allocated_resource[i]);
 	mutex_destroy(&dev->lock);
 	kfree(dev);
 	return 0;
-- 
2.1.3