Subject: ppc64 and Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c issues

From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 14:41:36 +0100

Hi Caz,

I think commit ...

commit 8d49751580db804a02caf6a5b7cebe2ff26c0d7e
Author: Caz Yokoyama <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Sep 5 16:42:39 2013 -0700

     Sample Implementation of Intel MIC User Space Daemon.

... actually triggers a build error on my default config
ppc64 (I'm using net-next tree):

   HOSTCC  Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.o
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:93: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:96: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:113: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:116: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:119: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:146: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:149: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:151: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.c:152: error: braced-group within expression allowed only inside a function
make[3]: *** [Documentation/mic/mpssd/mpssd.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Documentation/mic/mpssd] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Documentation/mic] Error 2
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 2

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-11)

Cheers,
Daniel