Subject: Re: embedding dtb file into kernel

From: Stefano Babic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 14:44:55 +0100

Hi Richard,

On 13/02/2015 18:41, K Richard Pixley wrote:
> I'm having trouble figuring out how to embed a dtb file into my kernel. 
> I'm thinking that there should be a standard, architecture independent
> facility for this akin to initramfs, yes?
> 
> Could someone please either point me to the standard facility, relevant
> doc, a currently building board that uses the standard facility, or
> outline what needs to be done to do this with a new board?
> 
> If it matters, (I can't think why it would), I'm working with powerpc on
> a 3.10 kernel.  But if there are better facilities in other versions I'd
> appreciate hearing about that too.
> 

Maybe it is worth to take a look at the fitImage, which can embed pretty
much anything (including DTB).

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

-- 
=====================================================================
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
=====================================================================