Subject: [PATCH] powerpc: Export __spin_yield

From: "Suresh E. Warrier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:23:53 -0600

Export __spin_yield so that the arch_spin_unlock() function can
be invoked from a module. This will be required for modules where
we want to take a lock that is also is acquired in hypervisor
real mode. Because we want to avoid running any lockdep code
(which may not be safe in real mode), this lock needs to be 
an arch_spinlock_t instead of a normal spinlock.

Signed-off-by: Suresh Warrier <[email-masked]>
---
Replaced export to EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
Updated commit log to explain what kind of modules will need
to use the arch_spin_unlock() function

 arch/powerpc/lib/locks.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/lib/locks.c b/arch/powerpc/lib/locks.c
index bb7cfec..f31bcee 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/lib/locks.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/lib/locks.c
@@ -41,6 +41,7 @@ void __spin_yield(arch_spinlock_t *lock)
 	plpar_hcall_norets(H_CONFER,
 		get_hard_smp_processor_id(holder_cpu), yield_count);
 }
+EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(__spin_yield);
 
 /*
  * Waiting for a read lock or a write lock on a rwlock...
-- 
1.8.3.4