Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] misc: remove boundary checks from bin attr users

From: Vladimir Zapolskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 19:15:46 +0300

Hi Wolfram,

On 07.08.2015 19:10, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> Vladimir,
> 
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:18:22AM +0300, Vladimir Zapolskiy wrote:
>> This change removes a number of redundant checks on bin attribute
>> client's side, the same checks are done by sysfs_kf_bin_read() or
>> sysfs_kf_bin_write() caller from fs/sysfs/file.c.
>>
>> Note, drivers/misc/pch_phub.c and drivers/misc/c2port/core.c may be
>> updated in a similar way, however this task is not done due to more
>> complicated read()/write() callbacks.
> 
> Can you resend the patches which touch i2c drivers with me on cc? I'd
> like to take care of them.

if we're talking about this particular series, you should have them in
your mailbox, since you have them applied in wsa/i2c/for-next:

commit d12c0aaf3780c5b26b4ea9e795252381f586c063
Author: Vladimir Zapolskiy <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Jul 27 00:18:51 2015 +0300

    misc: eeprom: at24: clean up at24_bin_write()

    The change removes redundant sysfs binary file boundary check, since
    this task is already done on caller side in fs/sysfs/file.c

    Signed-off-by: Vladimir Zapolskiy <[email-masked]>
    Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>

commit 1f023297f7f77d434ecc221018d2e181eac0ae36
Author: Vladimir Zapolskiy <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Jul 27 00:16:31 2015 +0300

    i2c: slave eeprom: clean up sysfs bin attribute read()/write()

    The change removes redundant sysfs binary file boundary checks,
    since this task is already done on caller side in fs/sysfs/file.c

    Note, on file size overflow read() now returns 0, and this is a
    correct and expected EOF notification according to POSIX.

    Signed-off-by: Vladimir Zapolskiy <[email-masked]>
    Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>

Do you want me to send them to you again anyway?

--
With best wishes,
Vladimir