Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/configs: Enable LEDS support

From: Vasant Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:46:03 +0530

On 08/26/2015 05:56 AM, Stewart Smith wrote:
> Vasant Hegde <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Presently PowerNV LEDS driver is specific to FSP based PowerNV
>> platform. Hence added it as 'm'. So that we will be loaded only
>> if we have required device tree support.

Stewart,

> 
> Currently the *firmware* support is FSP specific.
> 
> The driver should magically work on any OPAL machine that hooks up the
> OPAL calls and DT. Right?

Yep. It will just work if we have appropriate device tree . I'll update the
description and resend patch.

> 
> The A in OPAL is for Abstraction, not P for Passthrough-to-fsp.
> 

:-)

-Vasant