Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/6] cxlflash: Enable device id for future IBM CXL adapter

From: Manoj Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:18:39 -0600

On 12/13/2015 9:47 PM, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> On 11/12/15 09:54, Uma Krishnan wrote:
>> From: Manoj Kumar <[email-masked]>
>>
>> This drop enables a future card with a device id
>> of 0x0600 to be recognized by the cxlflash driver.
>> No card specific programming has been added. These
>> card specific changes will be staged in later.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Manoj N. Kumar <[email-masked]>
>
> Without the card-specific code, how does the driver behave if the new
> card is plugged in?

Andrew:

As per the design, the Accelerator Function Unit (AFU)
for this new IBM CXL Flash Adapater retains the same host
interface as the previous generation. For the early prototypes
of the new card, the driver with this change behaves exactly as
the driver prior to this behaved with the earlier generation
card. i.e. No card specific changes are required. However, I
left the staging comment in there, in case later versions of the
card deviate from the prototype.

- Manoj