Subject: [PATCH v3] powerpc/pseries: Move CPU DLPAR into the kernel

From: Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:46:02 -0600

To better support CPU hotplug in PowerKVM and PowerVM environments, the
handling of CPU dlpar should be done entirely in the kernel. This will allow
a common entry point to be used for PowerVM and PowerKVM CPU dlpar requests.

For both environments the entry point is the same one introduced in a previous
patch set that moved memory hotplug into the kernel. This entry point accepts
a rtas hotplug event which is either constructed when using the 
/sys/kernel/dlpar interface or is passed to the kernel when handling a
ras epow interrupt.

-Nathan

Patch 1/6:
- Consolidate cpu hotplug code from pseries/dlpar.c to pseries/hotplug-cpu.c

Patch 2/6:
- Factor out common code pieces for both environments

Patch 3/6:
- Update cpu dlpar error recovery

Patch 4/6:
- Add cpu hotplug remove capability

Patch 5/6:
- Add cpu hotplug add capability

Patch 6/6:
- Enable sysfs interface for cpu hotplug

 dlpar.c       |  232 ---------------------
 hotplug-cpu.c |  627 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 pseries.h     |    9 
 3 files changed, 599 insertions(+), 269 deletions(-)