Subject: Re: Bisected Regression 4.3.5 => 4.4.1 booting HP ZBook in EFI mode

From: Phil Turmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 23:03:54 -0500

On 02/05/2016 08:09 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> Ah, you have versioned modules / builds enabled, that's what caused the
> rebuild, if you disable CONFIG_MODVERSIONS and
> CONFIG_MODULE_SRCVERSION_ALL you shouldn't rebuild everything.
> 
> If those options are disabled, then something really odd is going on
> here...

So, MODVERSIONS was off, but MODULE_SRCVERSIONS_ALL and
LOCALVERSION_AUTO were on.

Repeating with those turned off, nothing was rebuilt.

That was bootable, too.  So I turned them on individually
and each was still bootable.  I verified the config matched
the originals I started with.

So I cleaned my tree and started over building v4.3.5 then v4.4.1.
They both booted.  So I can no longer reproduce this.

Sorry for the noise.

Phil