Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 14/18] cxl: Support to flash a new image on the adapter from a guest

From: Frederic Barrat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 14:11:25 +0100

Le 24/02/2016 21:03, Manoj Kumar a écrit :

>> From: Christophe Lombard <[email-masked]>
>>
>> +#define CXL_DEV_MINORS 13   /* 1 control + 4 AFUs * 3
>> (dedicated/master/shared) */
>
> Where does this limit of 4 AFUs come from?
> Is this related to CXL_MAX_SLICES?
> Should this be a computed value, in case the number of AFUs/slices
> is increased at a future date?

The architecture document (CAIA) limits the number of AFUs to 4, though 
I don't think anybody as tried with more than 1 so far.
So yes, we could have reused CXL_MAX_SLICES. Since we were just moving 
the definition from another file and this is not likely to vary until a 
major revision of the architecture, I don't intend to address it in this 
patchset, but I've added it to my list of ideas for future cleanup (you 
had already mentioned something about hard-coded constants in the 
previous series).

> memset(0) after kzalloc() is redundant.

yep! Will fix.

   Fred