Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 15/18] cxl: Parse device tree and create cxl device(s) at boot

From: Frederic Barrat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 14:19:23 +0100

Le 24/02/2016 21:15, Manoj Kumar a écrit :
> On 2/23/2016 10:21 AM, Frederic Barrat wrote:
>> +module_init(cxl_base_init);
>
> Is this a remnant from when there were two modules?
> Do you really need two module_init() calls (can't one be called from the
> other)?
> What is the tear-down portion of this (module_exit)?

No, this is not a left-over from the previous 2-module implementation of 
the cxl driver.
The file base.c is not part of the "normal" cxl driver. It is either 
part of the kernel if the cxl driver is a module or configured in the 
kernel. Or it is discarded if cxl is not even a module. So code in that 
file is either in the kernel or it's not even compiled. That was already 
the case on bare-metal.
Code in module_init() is executed when the kernel boots and it is not 
going away.

   Fred