Subject: Sam460ex pciex1 sound card issue

From: Julian Margetson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 16:41:39 -0400

Hi

I am having problem with pciex1 sound card on my Sam460ex.
The card is an ice1724 based model.
I have reported the the issue to the alsa-dev mailing list.
So far no one has any ideas so I am exploring the possibility of the 
issue being caused by something going
wrong on the initialization of the motherboard.

The sound card is recognized but only works on about 1 in 5 boots .
By contrast a CMI8738 pciex1 sound card  works perfectly as do USB cm108 
based external cards .

In looking at the dmesg output from a boot where the ice1724 card is 
working the only difference that i can see is
  the start at [ 0.000015]

[ 0.000015] clocksource: timebase: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles: 
0x10a60dda894, max_idle_ns: 440795207041 ns

for the non working boots is

[ 0.000014] clocksource: timebase: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles: 
0x10a60dda894, max_idle_ns: 440795207041 ns

Attached the two dmesg logs.

Regards
Julian