Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] powerpc/pseries: Drop support for MPIC in pseries

From: Rashmica <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 11:34:24 +1000

On 30/05/16 17:32, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-05-30 at 16:18 +1000, Rashmica Gupta wrote:
>> MPIC was only used by Power3 which is now unsupported, so drop support
>> for MPIC. XICS is now the only supported interrupt controller for
>> pSeries so make the XICS functions generic.
> The second half I'm not sure ... XIVE is around the corner...
>
> Cheers,
> Ben.
>
I thought XIVE was replacing XICS? And so then we can just simply 
replace all the specific XICS code such as xics_init() and 
xics_smp_probe() with the relevant XIVE functions?

By "make the XICS functions generic" I meant that if there is only one 
interrupt controller for pseries then we don't need to have both static 
void __init pseries_xics_init_IRQ(void) and static void __init 
pSeries_init_IRQ(void), etc.