Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 2/2] mmc: add OpenFirmware bindings for the mmc_spi driver

From: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 01:06:08 +0200

>> +      Required properties:
>> +      - #address-cells : should be 0.
>> +      - #size-cells : should be 0.
>
> Are these properties required at all?  Will this node have any 
> children.

You mean, "does this node define a bus".  If it doesn't, there
shouldn't be #a and #s; if it does, the binding should describe
what the addressing is.  #a = #s = 0 describes a bus without any
addressing; pretty unusual :-)

>> +      - linux,mmc-ocr-mask : (optional) Linux-specific MMC OCR mask
>> +        (slot voltage).
>
> Should this property be better defined?

Yes please.  There's a good chance that it doesn't turn out to be
Linux-specific at all (after some modification, perhaps).

Segher