Subject: Re: Complete ccsr map for mpc8540 available?

From: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:17:25 -0500

On May 30, 2005, at 10:03 AM, Clemens Koller wrote:

> Hi, There!
>
> I want to access the local bus controller (LBC) registers
> of the mpc8540 from within a module.
> Therefore I want to use similar structures as for the 8560's cpm2_immr
> or the 8xx. However, I was not able to find a complete ccsr map for the
> mpc8540 in the 2.6.11.x kernels. (immap_85xx.h, 8xx_immr.h, ...)
>
> Can someone point me to get the memc_brx / orx and friends for mpc8540?
> (the complete CCSR map.) Or some code to recycle?
> Or do I need to patch more into immap_85xx.h on my own? I just want to
> avoid to do duplicate work.
>
> Or is it better to extend the fsl_ocp or the platform device 
> structures?

What do you plan on doing with the local bus controller in the kernel?  
If this is only configuration of the controller for a given chip select 
that I would suggest doing something similar to how we handle PCI.  You 
can probably find a description of the localbus registers in the u-boot 
source tree.

Is this a change you want to get back into the mainline kernel tree?

- kumar