Subject: Re: [PATCH v17 00/10] Carry forward IMA measurement log on kexec on ARM64

From: Lakshmi Ramasubramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 09:33:24 -0800

On 2/10/21 9:15 AM, Rob Herring wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 10:21:50AM -0800, Lakshmi Ramasubramanian wrote:
>> On kexec file load Integrity Measurement Architecture (IMA) subsystem
>> may verify the IMA signature of the kernel and initramfs, and measure
>> it.  The command line parameters passed to the kernel in the kexec call
>> may also be measured by IMA.  A remote attestation service can verify
>> a TPM quote based on the TPM event log, the IMA measurement list, and
>> the TPM PCR data.  This can be achieved only if the IMA measurement log
>> is carried over from the current kernel to the next kernel across
>> the kexec call.
>>
>> powerpc already supports carrying forward the IMA measurement log on
>> kexec.  This patch set adds support for carrying forward the IMA
>> measurement log on kexec on ARM64.
>>
>> This patch set moves the platform independent code defined for powerpc
>> such that it can be reused for other platforms as well.  A chosen node
>> "linux,ima-kexec-buffer" is added to the DTB for ARM64 to hold
>> the address and the size of the memory reserved to carry
>> the IMA measurement log.
>>
>> This patch set has been tested for ARM64 platform using QEMU.
>> I would like help from the community for testing this change on powerpc.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> This patch set is based on
>> commit 96acc833dec8 ("ima: Free IMA measurement buffer after kexec syscall")
>> in https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/zohar/linux-integrity.git
>> "next-integrity" branch.
> 
> Is that a hard dependency still? Given this is now almost entirely
> deleting arch code and adding drivers/of/ code, I was going to apply it.
> 

I tried applying the patches in Linus' mainline branch -
PATCH #5 0005-powerpc-Move-ima-buffer-fields-to-struct-kimage.patch 
doesn't apply.

But if I apply the dependent patch set (link given below), all the 
patches in this patch set apply fine.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-integrity/patch/[email-masked]/

thanks,
  -lakshmi