Subject: Yes I know. . .

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 02:45:59 EDT

this issue has been discussed ad nausea, BUT I have to ask.  How can I 
get any sound playback on my Wallstreet PB G3 250 ?  I have no speaker 
playback (i.e. digital sound *.wav, *.au etc...) and my CD-ROM bay 
doesn't play through the speakers or line-out, for that matter, (the 
?kcd?  shows the tracks playing and the time progressing but, _no_ 
sound).  I _do_ however get the 'system' beep (although I think the 
mechanism for that sound output is different than digital sound out).  
And yes I have rebooted my Mac with the sound input on "None", "Built-In 
Mic" and "Expansion Bay".

I'm running R4 with kernel "vmlinux-2.3.6-990616".

BTW, Ben, have you ever gotten an positive response with the 
expansion-bay ZIP fix you posted ? (it didn't work for me and I've used 
all the kernels 2.1.125 thru 2.3.6)

Thanx,

-Jim

              JJ                                       
            JJ J                                       
           JJ  J ii                                    
           J   J i                                     
      ***  J  J        mmmmm                           
            JJJ   i   mm m m                           
             J   i    m mm m          **********       
            J    ii  m  m mm  **********************   
           JJ            **************       *********
*****  JJJJ     ***************                    ****
**************************                           **
**  *************                                    **
**                                                   **
**                             ..X..xxx.,.Xx         **
**                           ...XXXXWWWWWWWWXXX      **
**                       ....XXXW" M8N8GGG8^M"MXX    **
**          ***********"XXXXXXW"   W88WWWW8@8  BBXX. **
***********************""XXM::...  W889WWM@NW  ..:RX.**
*************                MM:...  W88888W:...mmMMR**
                                "MMm..M..M._mMM" :     
                                    **********         
            In Life,             **************        
       there are no endings,   **********  *****       
  ***    only beginnings.     ********    *******      
 *****                     *******        ******       
 ***                  *********           *****        
  *****          ***********              ****         
   *********************                   ***         
      ************                         **

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]