Subject: kernel 2.6.26 & gcc 4.0.0

From: Fabien Oriede <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:53:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hello all,
I'm trying to put a cramfs image on my custom board, and for this, I have followed this topic : http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemOnACramfsFileSystem
Now I have my cramfs image, but I have seen that I need to download my cramfs image in a mtdblock and for that, I need to set some MTD options in the kernel. (http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/FlashFilesystemsMTD)
But when I make the command "make uImage", I have this problem :
[root@xxxx linux-2.6.26]# make uImage
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  CALL    arch/powerpc/kernel/systbl_chk.sh
  CC      arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.o
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:68: error: array type has incomplete element type
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:70: error: field name not in record or union initializer
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:70: error: (near initialization for 'mpc8xxads_partitions')
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:71: error: field name not in record or union initializer
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:71: error: (near initialization for 'mpc8xxads_partitions')
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:72: error: field name not in record or union initializer
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:72: error: (near initialization for 'mpc8xxads_partitions')
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:73: error: field name not in record or union initializer
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:73: error: (near initialization for 'mpc8xxads_partitions')
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:73: error: 'MTD_WRITEABLE' undeclared here (not in a function)
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:75: error: field name not in record or union initializer
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:75: error: (near initialization for 'mpc8xxads_partitions')
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:76: error: field name not in record or union initializer
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:76: error: (near initialization for 'mpc8xxads_partitions')
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c: In function 'm8xx_show_percpuinfo':
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:312: warning: format '%u' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'long unsigned int'
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:312: warning: format '%u' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c: In function 'platform_init':
arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:451: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
make[1]: *** [arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.o] Erreur 1
make: *** [arch/ppc/syslib] Erreur 2

[root@xxxx linux-2.6.26]# powerpc-linux-gcc --version
powerpc-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 (DENX ELDK 4.1 4.0.0)
Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
It seems that this is a problem with the version 4 of the gcc, and I would like to know if I need to change for an old version of gcc ? like 3.0. Or may be a patch exists to bring down this problem ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Fabien.

      _____________________________________________________________________________ 
Envoyez avec Yahoo! Mail. Une boite mail plus intelligente http://mail.yahoo.fr