Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC][V3] bluegene: add entry to cpu table

From: Michael Neuling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 15:37:58 +1000

> > Create an entry for the BG/P chips, include bits to accomodate
> > the double fp2 fpu and the special MMU considerations like L1
> > writethrough.
> > 
> > RFC Note: this patch fails scripts/checkpatch.pl because I
> > matched coding style of the surrounding existing code.  Would
> > you rather have something checkpatch.pl clean or something
> > which is consistent with the surrounding code style?
> 
> Stay consistent. You're welcome to my next checkpatch burning
> ceremony :-)

I'll make t-shirts for us!

> >  #define PPC_FEATURE_POWER6_EXT		0x00000200
> >  #define PPC_FEATURE_ARCH_2_06		0x00000100
> >  #define PPC_FEATURE_HAS_VSX		0x00000080
> > +#define PPC_FEATURE_HAS_FPU_FP2		0x00000040
> 
> Any chance for a better name ?

I've painted this particular bike shed with Eric already :-)

It's an extension to the FPU called FP2
(https://wiki.alcf.anl.gov/images/d/d9/PPC440_FP2_arch.pdf).  
So PPC_FEATURE_HAS_FPU -> PPC_FEATURE_HAS_FPU_FP2.

I think the name is right as he has it.

Mikey