Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] booting-without-of for Freescale MSI

From: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:00:22 +0200

> +    - compatible : should be "fsl,MPIC-MSI" for 85xx/86xx cpu,
> +      and "fsl,IPIC-MSI" for 83xx cpu.

Please use a more specific name, "fsl,8599-msi" or similar?

> +    - interrupts : should contain the msi interrupts cascade to the 
> host
> +      interrupt controller.

You should describe that it is one "interrupts" entry per 32 MSIs;
also, it would be nice to say they need "0" as the sense.

> +    - interrupt-parent: should be "&mpic" for 85xx/86xx cpu and 
> "&ipic"
> +      for 83xx cpu.

&Xpic are labels, so something local to specific DTS files; instead, say
that the interrupts are routed to the MPIC/IPIC (it doesn't have to be
via "interrupt-parent", either).

Segher

p.s. On a meta-note, please put the binding doc first in the series, it
makes things easier to review in-order.