Subject: Re: 43p-140 install issues

From: Mike Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:43:14 -0500

> > > An IBM 7043. It's a 43p-140 labeled as a 604e 332 Mhz.
> 
> I suppose you meen 233 Mhz ?

I know 332 MHz doesn't sound right ... but I'm sure that's what it
says on the IBM nameplate on the front. I'll verify this tonight

> More different than that, 140 is more recent.

Have you got specs and stuff on the -140 you could link to? Maybe this
would help.

> 
> But works fine with Debian woody.(sorry Sven...)
[snip]
> If there is such a deadline, why not consider to install first a woody (many
> successes exist) then upgrading to sarge after ?

This is my preference. I'd like to install woody on one drive so I can
boot it up and say "Look Linux runs, it's stable and useful" and then
have the other to install, boot, and otherwise help test the new
stuff.

Unfortunately, I can't get _anything_ to install (I even tried a BSD,
but quickly realized I was in too deep there!). The unstable stuff I'm
trying now has gotten me the furthest along.

MikeM