Subject: Re: 43p-140 install issues

From: Mike Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:41:56 -0500

> I'll give 2.4.22 a try tonight.
> 
> Thanks!
> MikeMartin

I gave Leigh's 2.4.22 a try. It gave me the same result with the
debian root disk:

VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER

FAT: bogus logical sector size 1981
FAT: bogus logical sector size 1981
read_super_block: can't find a reiserfs filesystem on (dev 02:00,
block 64, size 1024)
read_super_block: can't find a reiserfs filesystem on (dev 02:00,
block 8, size 1024)
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:00

Tonight I'll grab a different root floppy and see what happens.

Leigh's 2.4.22 will also boot the system installed on /dev/sdb1,
however it also stopped responding after awhile. I think it lasted
longer than with 2.4.19.

MikeMartin