Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/2] mm: remove the memory isolate notifier

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:15:28 +1100

David Hildenbrand <[email-masked]> writes:
> On 14.11.19 14:19, David Hildenbrand wrote:
>> This is the MM part of
>> 	https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/10/31/487
>> 
>> "We can get rid of the memory isolate notifier by switching to balloon
>> compaction in powerpc's CMM (Collaborative Memory Management). The memory
>> isolate notifier was only necessary to allow to offline memory blocks that
>> contain inflated/"loaned" pages - which also possible when the inflated
>> pages are movable (via balloon compaction). [...]"
>> 
>> Michael queued the POWERPC bits that remove the single user, but I am
>> missing ACKs for the MM bits. I think it makes sense to let these two
>> patches also go via Michael's tree, to avoid collissions. Thoughts?
>
> The prereqs (powerpc bits) are upstream - I assume Michael didn't want
> to mess with MM patches.

Yes, sorry I meant to send you a mail saying so.

cheers