Subject: Re: [patch v4 0/4] Cypress c67x00 (EZ-Host/EZ-OTG) support

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:20:32 +0100

>>>>> "David" == David Brownell <[email-masked]> writes:

 David> On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Grant Likely wrote:
 >> The question is about the device structure which used to be provided
 >> by the platform device instances and now there just uses the c67x00's
 >> device struct.  I was under the impression that each USB HCD needs to
 >> have it's own struct device.  I take it that's not true?

 David> Each root hub necessarily is a unique device, representing a set
 David> of downstream links.  Unless Peter didn't test something relevant,
 David> it would seem we have observational proof that two root hubs can
 David> share the same device node for an upstream link.

I haven't actually tested a setup with HCDs on both SIEs as I don't
have a board with host connectors on both, but I've done the change
based on your feedback:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.devel/53496

 David> I can't think of a reason to demand multiple upstream links, though
 David> sharing them between root hubs like that isn't a common structure.  

 David> - Dave

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard